Parents are sometimes faced with unpredictable behaviors with their children inside and outside of the classroom. Some behaviors can be challenging and disruptive to the lives of families. At IE, we have a Licensed Behavior Specialist to provide families with positive behavioral strategies based on the function of a your child’s behavior. IE uses positive reinforcement to improve desired behavior as well as having positive behavioral management strategies that we follow.
Innovation & Exploration positive behavioral management practices:
- Define, teach, and setting clear expectations
- Prevent negative behaviors, teach replacement/desired behaviors, and reinforce desired behaviors.
- Help children to understand choices and consequences
- Follow daily routines
- Teach empathy and social skills
- Help children to understand and recognize their emotions
- Use positive reinforcement